Friday, May 25, 2012

Half Life

I realize I've kind of dropped off the face of the earth the past few months.  And this is not the post for me to update everyone. 

Today marks the 14th anniversary of my dad's death.  I have officially lived half my life without my father.

Although I thought this was crazy to think about, I thought I was ok with it.  But today, when I had my students write letters to their dads (like I do every year on this day) I started crying when telling them why they were writing. 

Apparently, 14 years isn't enough to get over missing your dad.   

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    I am so sad that you have stopped blogging. My husband and I have been TTC for more than 2 years now. I have been stuck in front of the computer for 3 days now reading every single blog you have done because I feel like you have taken every thought out of my head and put it on your blog. I hope to someday be in your position with a beautiful baby, I wish you the best and hope you will be inspired to write again. Thank you for all you have written.

    ReplyDelete