Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Please, pardon me.

I need to go on a bit of a rant. My normal red-head temper combined with pregnancy hormones turns out to be a volatile combination.

A few of the fourth grade teachers decided to order lunch today from Domino's. There were only three of us, and we all ordered sandwiches. We've ordered from them a dozen times over the last few years and always use the same online account, since we always order the same thing.

Well, we put our order in at noon. Our lunch and recess hour is from 12:30-1:30. The food finally arrived at 1:21. Somehow, the address we entered online 2 years ago had gotten changed from 4600 to 4200, so they took the food to a house instead of the school. While annoying, this wasn't what made me so angry.

What really pissed me off was the delivery guy, who walked in the office and handed me the receipt without a word. Not even a "Sorry about the confusion" or anything. So I said to him " you know, we ordered this an hour and a half ago". I looked at me and said "It's not my fault. You gave us the wrong address." I told him that I didn't understand how that was possible, since we've been using the same account to order for 2 years, and we've never had a problem before. All he did was shrug and say it wasn't his fault.

I was so angry I was shaking. So, after school, I called his manager to complain about his rudeness. The manager proceeds to tell me "Well, he said you were rude to him first."

Excuse me?

Did I hear that right?

I, the customer, was rude to the delivery guy, so that gives him the right to be rude back? Uhhh, no. I don't think so.

I didn't think I was rude. I was frustrated, and his rudeness definitely did not help that, but I certainly don't think I started out rude.

I told the manager this, and that even if I had been rude, professionalism demands that he should not have been rude back. I worked in fast food and as a server long enough to know that. And I usually go out of my way to be polite. But this just sent me over the edge.

Now I'm debating whether to call the general manager of the store and talk to him about the conduct of both the delivery guy and the manager. And I'm still angry.

And my Rangers just lost.

Anyone drinking tonight? Have one for me please. I could use it.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh lordie! Never piss of a pregnant woman!!! Even if they know nothing about food service, they should DEFINITELY know that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go above the manager. For those national chains, I always put my complaints into their website. Not that I do that often, but just two days ago I had to spend 2 hours at Lowe's when it should have been 20 minutes because they sold most of my flooring order to other people, and it took that long for them to figure that out. They're giving me a $25 gift card for my troubles, and I got an apology email from the store manager.

    Like you said, anyone who has worked in customer service knows that no matter how rude the customer is, that is no excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I would definately call the person above the mgr...I work in customer service and even when I think that someone is being rude, I never lose my temper or I end up apologizing for things I don't even really do....he should have apologized...period. I hate people who don't "get that'.

    ReplyDelete