- Toliet broke.
- Broken toliet flooded master bathroom, closet, guest bathroom, laundry room, and stair landing.
- Soap dish falls off the wall of the shower, rendering shower unusable until it's put back on and grouted/resealed, etc.
- We lose 2 boards in our fence, leaving a big gaping hole that the dogs fit through.
- Upstairs AC dies.
- Downstairs AC dies.
- Toliet in half-bathroom starts leaking.
- Battery in my car dies.
- Hard drive on our main computer dies due to overheating (cause of the AC).
- Jeff's pickup loses part of the tailgate, and a cover on the inside that helps seal the doors.
- We recieve a hospital bill for $1,000 more than we were expecting.
- I break the towel bar in the bathroom.*
I realize that it could be a million times worse, that there are people everywhere whose problems are much more serious than ours. I realize that we are incredibly lucky to have each other and our health.
*I also realize that a towel bar isn't that big a deal, but on top of everything else it's just silly.