Sunday, April 10, 2011

By the Numbers

One baby with colic. Poor thing. Thankfully, it's not that bad. I hope it stays that way.

Four nights in a row I haven't wanted to kill one or all of the dogs. I think they're finally adjusting!

Ten point 4 pounds: How much Cate weighed at her 1 month appointment. Holy cow!

Two hours a day (roughly) I spend hooked up to the breast pump. Thank goodness it's not all in one sitting!

Twelve is the size of jeans I bought yesterday, and they're a little big! I was one pound away from my pre-pregnancy weight last week. I have no idea what I'm at now, since the Great Toliet Flood of '11 took out my scale.

Three hours of sleep at a time is what I average every night. Cate sleeps about 4 between feedings, which leaves me with about 3. I no longer remember what it feels like to be well-rested.

Ninety'th percentile: Cate's length. 22 1/2 inches, and I think she was wiggling.

Seventeen is the number of gallons of diet dr pepper I would like to consume every day. I'm still on one serving.



I have to say, I think we have an uncommonly good newborn. People keep asking us if we're exhausted getting up every couple hours, if we're sooo tired of the crying and the pooping and the crying. Really, Cate is awesome. She's so laid-back. She sleeps through the dogs barking and Jeff snoring, she hardly ever cries, and even when she does, they're rarely full-blown cries. Except with the colic, but that's recent, and usually only in the evenings. She sleeps about 4 hours at a time at night, and last night she slept 5. She will lay in her bassinet and talk to herself if she's alone, and she even started smiling at us this week. She is absolutely amazing. I could write pages about all the amazing things she does, and how absolutely precious she is, but I won't. At least not today... :) We are so in love.



I'll get you some pictures soon!

3 comments:

  1. oh yes, pictures!
    She sounds like a sweet little thing, and I love reading how in love you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds great...I hope the colic doesn't get any worse! Glad everything is going so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely -- So glad everything's going so well.x

    ReplyDelete