Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Laundry List of Chores

First off, why do they call long lists of things laundry lists?

I have a ton of chores to do. For instance: the floors of my house (mostly wood and tile downstairs) have not been swept in a month. Literally.

There are piles of papers and coupons to sort through.

There are still thank-you cards to write and mail.

There are always bottles in the sink to be washed.

There is an entire bathroom that needs cleaned, since toliet water doesn't count.

There is a giant hole in our fence that allows our dogs to get into the neighbor's yard.

The floorboard of my car is covered with trash.

I am in the process of re-washing all the clothes in my closet that I can wear again, because something about the detergent or softener they were washed in 9 months ago causes dozens of tiny red bumps to break out all over Cate's body.

The laundry is the only thing that gets done. I spend the rest of the day playing with Cate, feeding her, or holding her while she sleeps. Or sleeping myself.

I need a maid. And a butler. And a cook. Any volunteers?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know firsthand, but I hear it will get better! Right now you just focus on being a momma! How's Jeff liking his new daddyhood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Girl, I wish I could come over and preferably A) watch Cate while you clean your house, or B) help clean things up while you and Cate rest. :) Unfortunately, I A) don't know where you live and can't get there anyways, and B) am on strict orders from my RE to do no exercise or housework!

    hehe.

    I think that a dirty house is a well loved and lived in house :) Besides the chores will always be there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First things first, don't feel guilty about not getting things done. =o)

    ReplyDelete