Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tagged!!

Thanks Jackie for tagging me! I love these things!

Basically, I get to answer the 8 questions Jackie asked, then tag 8 people and ask them 8 of my own questions. Fun!

1. What would your college major be if you could go back to school and choose one (make one up if you want) without having to worry about finding a job in the field?
Can I also say if money were no object? Because mine would never pay for itself! If I could get my master's in anything, it would be museum studies. I *love* history and old things, and I think it would be paradise to get to research, set up exhibits, and give tours at a history museum. In order to do that, I'd keep my major of history, which is what my degree is in.

2. What was the most embarrassing trend you followed during your high school days?
Ugh. I was so not a cool kid, and didn't follow most of the trends, but I do remember that when it was considered really cool to wear candy necklaces to school (yes, in high school), I did.

3. Describe the house where you grew up. Would you live there again if it came up for sale?
This question makes me smile and cry at the same time. I loved the house I grew up in, and I know it's not loved now like it was then. It was L-shaped and had blue carpet. Mostly what I loved about it are silly little things. My dad built all the cabinets in the kitchen. The wallpaper border in the dining room was crooked on one wall, massively, b/c my dad could only see out of one eye at a time. We had a weeping willow in the front yard. I had a playhouse and a candy-striped swing set, both built by my dad. My name and my little brother's can be found in every sidewalk. It was out in the country, where I was the only girl in the neighborhood for the first 10 years of my life. In high school, I could wake up, walk to the bathroom, pee, and shower all without opening my eyes. I miss being that comfortable in my house.

4. Are you a city person, a country person, a suburb person, or a small town person? Which one describes you the least?
I think it depends on what day you ask me. There are days where I would give almost anything to live in Chicago. I think it's the perfect city. There are days where I long to be the only house in sight. There are days where I really miss the sense of community my small town had, and I really want my children to have that growing up. I think the least I am a suburb person, which of course is where I'm living now.

5. What concert would you love to see? What's the best one you've ever seen?
I would love to see Meatloaf in concert. I think he's too old now though. I think the best concert I've ever seen was Weird Al. I'd also love to see him again.

6. You're going on a 1-week vacation, but you can't take anyone with you. Where do you go, and what do you do there? Or do you give up the trip?
Oh, I go! (Sorry Jeff). I've always wondered what it would be like to travel somewhere by myself, since I've never done it. I think I would either go to Germany or Ireland, look up ancestors, and wander around aimlessly in old castles.

7. Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?
Yes. According to my mom, it was a dinosaur (dragon? don't remember) that I carried around in my hand. I fed it rocks. And I admit, I still talk to people that aren't actually here. If you saw me in my car driving down the road, I'm sure to be talking away to someone, even though I'm the only one there.

8. What is your favorite slurpee flavor? If you have never had one, what's your favorite candy bar?
I don't like frozen drinks at all, even frozen margaritas. I just think they're too much trouble to drink. Favorite candy (I'm counting it as a candy bar, since it's on the candy bar aisle) is Sixlets. They are hard to find, and barely anyone likes them, but I love them.

Wow. I wrote a ton. Ok, my turn:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
2. If you could have one magical item granted to you, what would the item be and what would it do? (I ask this to my students. I love the answers!)
3. If you could have dinner with one person from history, who would it be? (And where would you take them?)
4. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
5. If you were only allowed to watch 3 movies for the rest of your life, what would they be?
6. Would you rather be a wizard or a vampire?
7. What is your favorite quote, and who said it?
8. If you were offered a job you knew you would hate every second of, but they offered you a million dollars, would you take it?

All righty, I'm tagging:
Daisygal
Les
Dory
Rach
Christine
Foxy
Ernie
Jeff

Sorry if I tagged you and you've already been tagged. :) Suck it up!

4 comments:

  1. Great answers! I remember the candy necklaces... and sadly, I did it too. Am I the Les you tagged? I guess I forgot to mention in my blog when I took off the password, so anyone can see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof... ok. I'll respond soon! Assuming that I can ever stay awake longer than it takes to write one sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Les, it's you. I'll update it so your name is a link!

    Dory, it took me 4 days to write this. I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete