Sunday, February 7, 2010

crap...

I am totally freaking out. I've never used an OPK before, and did so for the first time yesterday. I did two, just to make sure I didn't mess up. They both showed up with two pretty dark lines, but it didn't look like the picture on the box, so I didn't think much of it. Then, when I did today's, there was no line at all. F%&#!!!! I think I surged yesterday. The stupid sp.erm isn't supposed to be here until tomorrow. I'm so afraid I've missed the minuscule window of opportunity this month. And if I have, what the hell do I do with the $700 sp.erm sample that arrives tomorrow!?!?!

I have an appointment with Dr. Wiz tomorrow afternoon, after the sp.erm arrives. Thankfully, even though I called him on a Sunday afternoon, he called me back in about 5 minutes.

I seriously don't know what to do. I've gotten a sub and taken tomorrow off, so at least that's done. But I don't know how to handle this.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I've used the digital OPKs because I knew I couldn't rely on myself for figuring out the darkness of the lines. It gives a smiley face when you're ovulating and a circle when you're not. They're more expensive, but you can usually get them cheaper on Amazon than in the store. Praying that it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used both tests. I did the cheapies early in my cycle so that I could watch the line get progressively darker, and then the closer I got to when I should ovulate I did the digitals. And yes they are more expensive, but you are already forking out the money for ART- What's another 25 bucks, right?

    They can do a blood test to see if you've ovulated already. Though I hope that's not the case.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete