Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Disaster Averted? I think not...

My goal during this 2WW was to completely avoid any and all websites, blogs, and discussions that covered early pregnancy symptoms. I was doing really well until yesterday...

It started at lunch. I was sitting in the teachers lounge with my wonderful team, when one of them asked me if I had taken a pregnancy test yet. I told her that I hadn't. I knew that this early it would come up negative and I just couldn't handle that. She laughed and asked if I had any symptoms. I told her I didn't know and refused to find out. Well then, one of my other team members (not too bright :) asked two of the women what symptoms they had when they were pregnant....

I nipped that conversation in the bud. I practically yelled "No. You are not talking about that with me here. I don't want to know!" It worked. But then...

I went shopping. As I was trying on a shirt, I noticed some really dark blue veins...you know where. All my best efforts to avoid even thinking about symptoms went out the window.

So now, I'm sitting here, trying to decide if the veins have always been there and I just haven't noticed? Are my boobs always this tender the week before AF? Probably yes to both, but I just don't know.

5 more mornings until I will let myself test....Gaaaaaaa!

1 comment:

  1. My first IUI is Wednesday. I need to follow your lead and stay away from Google. Send me your willpower. I have a Google addiction. Today my topic was "can I exercise after IUI" and I read the opinion of hundreds of women, and feel no more sure of what's OK.

    Hang in there. Just a little bit longer.

    ReplyDelete