Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Haz Made A Discovery!

As my title says, I haz made a discovery! What is it, you ask?

If I eat constantly, at least a bite or two every five minutes, I don't get nauseous!! Yay!!

Of course, explaining to 21 fourth graders why I am eating constantly was fun, as was explaining the gallon of water I drink and the 5 or 6 bathroom breaks I take.

I was so scared to tell a bunch of 10 year olds I am pregnant. Maybe just cause pregnant is not a word you hear in fourth grade very often. They were all very excited though, and knowledgeably told me that I was hungry because the baby was hungry. Today they were very concerned that I might get stung by the wasp that was in the classroom, because it might sting the baby.

I have sweet students.

I do have one little girl, M, who is an only child. She was walking next to me today talking, and she told me that her mom wants another baby, but that it costs "2 or 3 thousand dollars" so she could go to the doctor.

That just breaks my heart. I so wish I could bring it up with the mom, but I certainly don't want to be like "so, M tells me you have infertility issues..." It's not really something that comes up at parent-teacher conferences.

I'm so glad the first day of school is out of the way. It is my least favorite day of the year. Today was better, and tomorrow will just improve!

I'm sorry I suck so much lately at commenting. I promise I'm reading, but I seem to fall asleep in the middle of my comments. Definitely sending everyone good thoughts though!!

5 comments:

  1. Aww... that breaks my heart too! My first day stunk, but today was better. I'm with you- just try to get past the first day and then we're good. Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, that's sad.

    but good for you, not being nauseated all day and having a decent first day back and GREAT STUDENTS. I loved hearing about "it might sting the baby" ..sooo cute.

    have a good YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you figured out the nausea thing, it'l be crazy, but at least you won't feel sick.

    I agree you students are incredibly cute and sweet, good luck this school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww, that is so cute!!! I had a cricket get loose in my classroom today, a HUGE black one, and one of my little girls just calmly stood up, caught it, and brought it outside. They are so funny with how they react to bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. That is so cute. You do have sweet students! Glad your nausea is easing up some. :)

    ReplyDelete