Friday, June 18, 2010

Ouch!

Well, IUI #2 is done! Everything went smoothly. The sample looked great once it was thawed, and I laid upside down for 20 minutes afterwards. But, this time...I'm cramping. Bad. I don't remember cramping like this in March. It hurt yesterday on the drive home, all through dinner last night, and again today. Constant cramps. Maybe it's because I'm trying to send four soccer-ball sized eggs down tiny tubes. (Only slightly exaggerating here folks. It feels that way!) I am sitting as flat as I can get and still reach the keyboard. Anybody out there have crazy cramps after an IUI? It would be comforting to know.

Yesterday also showed us that some complete strangers can be extremely kind. When Jeff went to pick up the sp.erm sample from the storage place, he was prepared to pay for three months of storage: $150 total. The wonderful receptionist only charged us for one month of storage, and told Jeff to use the other $100 to buy the baby a gift. God bless her kindness and optimism.

I am bouncing back and forth in my thoughts on this IUI. On one hand, I know there's no guarantee it'll work. On the other, I keep thinking "How can it not work with four freaking huge targets!?!?!" I'm trying not to go down that thought path. I guess I just don't know how to stay positive without being overly optimistic. And I'll probably never learn.

Happy Friday Everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I glad to hear the IUI went well! And how wonderful that you were only charged for 1/3 of the storage time! That's amazing! A good omen perhaps? Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had cramping after an IUI, and it was significant but only lasted three or four hours. I'm guessing because you triggered and had four follies that the cramping could have lasted several hours, but if it continues tomorrow I'd check in with your doc. Did they give you a thawed motile count?

    How very nice of the clinic! Glad to hear good things like that still go on.

    Crossing everything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had pretty intense cramping (and a subsequent headache) after my first IUI. I'd take some Tylenol and rest!

    Awesome on the "gift"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A kind stranger what a nice surprise! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally rooting for you! That was very, very nice of the freezer facility lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had some cramps after my SHG. Not exactly the same, but it involves a catheter entering the uterus.

    Hope you feel better soon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you are feeling better soon. What an exciting day. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had cramping after most of my IUIs. Especially the one where I had three big follies all on my right ovary.

    Hope this cycle is it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie....
    I also had a lot of cramping the last few IUI's that I had. Not sure why. The nurses at my RE's office actually were ready to do a lavage at one point thinking that I was allergic..... Just stopped by to wish you luck....trying IComLeavWe for the first time....

    Take care!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie...I found you on the IComLeavWe list & am also in the 2ww..."positive without beeing overly optimistic" Well put...I'm afraid to get my hopes up yet don't want to give up hope either...wishing you a BFP with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sometimes is impossibly hard to remain positive. I had cramping after IUI, didn't feel too great. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers during your 2ww.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah, yeah...sorry I'm late!!!! but I will tell you that I had tons of cramping after my IUIs....almost like AF cramps in my thighs etc..and yes crampy. So I believe it's VERY NORMAL

    I am excited for you , the good vibes seem to be all around you..and that makes me sooo happy.

    C'mon BFP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I almost cried when I read the part about the gift for the baby. How awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the sweetest thing that the receptionist did for you!!! How very very sweet.

    ReplyDelete