Friday, June 25, 2010

Positivity and Doubts

First off, I'd like you to see what I woke up to this morning:



Yes, that's the new puppy, in his new crate, after having spent all night destroying the new pillow he was supposed to sleep in. Little bugger managed to tear the zipper pull off, rip the zipper open, and pull out the stuffing that way.

Tonight, he's sleeping on a towel.

Now, onto the real reason for this post. Thanks to Dory over at Just Keep Swimming, I'm trying really hard to be positive. So, at lunch, I gave Jeff a list of all the reasons I think I might be pregnant this time around. 1. My acne has gone haywire. It's bad at the best of times (thanks to my Dad's side of the family), but it has gone nuts the past week. It's too soon for it to be PMS acne, ergo: it must be pregnancy acne. (I'm very logical...ha). 2. Cramps. Not the normal, on the side, PMS-y cramps, but massive, hurts-to-stand middle of my stomach below my belly button cramps. They were the worst on Wednesday, but I'm still feeling them on and off. Again, too early to be PMS. 3. I'm sleeping like crap. I actually don't know how this points to me being preggers, but I am usually a champion sleeper.

Unfortunately, tonight all that optimism has gone out the window. I'm convinced the acne is just getting gradually worse anyway, the cramps are PMS cramps, just early, the sleep is because of the puppy. Also, I'm beginning to have the awful mood swings that always accompany PMS for me.

Still a week until I can test. It's soooooo far away. Oh yeah, and I had my progesterone test yesterday: 41!

14 comments:

  1. I am hoping for you that the week until you can test goes quickly! Try to find many distractions...looks like your puppy might help with that! Cute dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like you have a whole lot of optimism, Julie! and I think it is great! I know that this next week is going to be hard, do you have any good distractions planned? The new pup seems like she will keep you busy and entertained.

    Maybe you'll be able to make a lot of progress on your essay. I really admire that you are able and willing to go back through the experience for the benefit of others. On second thought, I think that you should only focus on positive and happy things this week. Save the sadness for another day.
    xoxo - Foxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above, save the sadness for next week!

    I'm 5dp5dt today, no symptoms yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and LOL at the puppy!! Silly thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree too...save the sadness for next week!

    Sorry, but I literally burst out laughing when I saw the pic of your pooch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of your pup! I tried so many times to have my dogs sleep on a nice bed in their kennels, but it was always destroyed like that. Towels and old blankets are the way to go!

    I really hope this cycle is your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positivity is key!!! We're not living life unless we're living ALL the emotions to their fullest. Go with happiness this week, and take next week as it comes. (I did just have two glasses of wine, so that could all be the wine talking...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really hope this is your month! Keep thinking positive thoughts... I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh puppyyyyy lol. Our girl dog does that to pillows. We ended up giving her those blankets from Mexico (the tough ones that have pretty designs, dunno how else to explain them).

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this month is your month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I remember those first nights with our doggie in the house...OUCH. But the pic is sooo cute.

    I think all those things add up to a BFP. I remember me thinking that my cramps were sooo bad in my 2ww with the IVF and a very dear friend, said to me later, I knew when you told me about the cramps that you were...and so I'm going with that for you.

    Can't wait to hear...hang in there Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ICLW

    Here's something positive - a baby is much easier than a puppy to raise. Babies wear diapers and don't rip out stuffing:) Let's put it this way, you ARE pregnant until proven otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the rest of your wait! I am pretty sure puppies bring good luck :)
    And thanks for being my first commenter ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The analysis of 2ww symptoms is enough to drive anyone crazy!! In case you're interested, I just did a recap on my 2ww posts: http://stressfreeinfertilityblog.com/2010/06/16/revisit-for-all-the-2wwers/
    I will check back in and I wish you loads of luck! I just added your link and I'm your newest follower. Happy ICLW! (#75) By the way, cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've gone through similar experiences with my pups... Shredding things must be so much fun! They do outgrow it - or if you get them tired enough, they'll just use their bed for sleeping :)
    Best of luck dealing with all the emotions in the 2ww. I can hardly imagine how I'd handle it.
    Hope the pain gets better (or it means something really good!)

    ReplyDelete