Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Questions? Part two

Here I am, answering more questions to pass the time. I think I'll try to answer the rest of them, but no promises.

K wanted to know what my favorite books or movies are. I'll tell you both. First off, I love to read. That may be an understatement. If I go a day without reading, something's wrong! And to pick a favorite or two? So hard!!! I would have to say the title of "Favorite Book" is a tie between Anne of Green Gables and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Close seconds are Catherine, Called Birdy, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, Wicked, Pride and Prejudice, and The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear. Yes, I realize most of those are kids or teenager books. I just seem to like those better! Favorite movies are easier. The Princess Bride, Stranger than Fiction, Shrek. I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones I never get tired of.

Foxy wants to know my most favorite memories of summer. My best summer ever was the summer between 5th and 6th grade. My little brother and I walked a block every morning to our baby-sitter's house and spent the day playing with her three daughters. We probably rode 10 miles a day on our bikes, made up ridiculous stories, swam, had adventures, and, I'm sure, drove the neighbors nuts. The oldest daughter and I made secret codes, code names, and all manner of silly things. It was wonderful.

MommyinWaiting wants to know what I'd do if I won the lottery. Fun! I think the first thing I'd do is send my mom and stepdad on a honeymoon. They never got one, and I know my mom would kill to go to Italy. Then, I would go here and have them build me a castle. Either the Michelle, the Nicole, or the Malia. I would build it next to a lake so I can have a pirate ship too. I would built it somewhere with lots of trees. Then, since I'd be broke after building a castle, I'd keep teaching. Actually, I'd probably keep teaching even if I wasn't broke. I love it!

Finally, DaisyGal wants to know what my favorite memory of meeting my husband and our wedding is. Well, the first time I met Jeff, I thought he was a professor. I didn't know he was only a grad student. He (poor guy) had the job of teaching me and another girl how to use power tools. He couldn't remember our names, so he named us Esther (me) and Agnus. Then, he proceeded to call me Esther for the remainder of the semester. Finally, about December, the professor walked up to me and said "Esther, are you sure your enrolled in this class? I can't find your name." He had managed to convince the entire department that my name was Esther, not Julie.

I honestly don't remember much of our wedding. I was so nervous! But we walked out after the ceremony to Leslie Gore's Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows, which was pretty awesome.

Y'all have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Sunshine, lollipops and Rainbows huh? What a fantastic way to start off a marriage!
    Oh, and you're not the only one who prefers kid/teenager books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a huge smile on my face -- that song is my current ring tone - no kidding!

    ReplyDelete