I've been thinking a lot about that dark empty bedroom I haven't entered since we moved in. So here are my ideas for it. Maybe some of them will work for you too.
Top 5 things to do with the empty room/ would-be-nursery.
5. Cut a hole in the floor. Install a fireman's pole as an alternate way to get downstairs.
4. Use the room to proudly display the collection of ____________ you've been so embarassed about. (Fill in the blank with collection of your choice: salt and pepper shakers, keychains witha message, flashlights...you get the idea.) Be proud!
3. Hang a sex swing from the ceiling. Hey, having sex on a schedule gets boring. Spice it up!
2. Turn the room into stalker headquarters. Pick a famous celebrity. Plaster the walls with pictures and articles and handwritten notes. Then buy a giant map and hang it over the window. Now, plot your route for surprising, meeting, and initiating life-long friendship with said celebrity. Fun, right?
1. Start your own Public Service Announcement business. Come up with catchy slogans like "Big hair won't get you there" or "A baby picture a day makes your neighbors sick". Print them on bumper stickers, keychains, salt and pepper shakers, and full-sized posters. Be sure to add eye-catching pictures. Sell them online, and use the profits to send free ones to those who really need them. Time's Person-of-the-Year, here you come!